Suggested Resources for Individual Artists
Interested in resources for nonprofits? Learn more about United Arts Grants and Orange County Grants.
United Arts of Central Florida
United Arts supports arts and cultural organizations and individual artists, providing a variety of cultural experiences for residents and visitors in Central Florida. For updates: UnitedArts.cc/grants, or join our email list by contacting Rafael Torres at Rafael@UnitedArts.cc 407.628.0333
Your Local Arts Agency
United Arts wants to help with pressing issues that affect artists in Lake, Orange, Osceola, and Seminole counties. Past “talk back” events with local artists have covered topics such as city permitting, public art, technical assistance workshops, local art criticism, and more. Ideas are always welcome. We look forward to continuing the dialogue!
The Awesome Foundation – awards $1,000 monthly. Eligible: any project that makes Orlando “awesome.” One-page application! http://www.awesomefoundation.org/en/chapters/orlando
Seminole Cultural Arts Council
For updates: SeminoleCulturalArts.org Last year’s info:
Grant Category IV: Individual
Eligible: members of SCAC, for projects in heritage, culture or arts in Seminole County. Max $2,000.
Usually May: Workshop (2-5 pm; RSVP)
August: Deadline for applications
Oct– Sept: Grant period
FracturedAtlas.org: fiscal sponsorship for your artistic projects, information on health insurance and liability insurance, and online professional development courses
National Endowment for the Arts
For updates: http://arts.gov/grants/apply-individuals
Creative Writing Fellowships of $25,000 (non-matching) enable published creative writers to set aside time for writing, research, travel, etc. Applications due in March; December notification. Translation Projects of $12,500 or $25,000 (non-matching) to translate works into English. Applications due 12/8/15 for projects starting 11/1/16.
Fellowship Opportunities: https://www.southarts.org/individual-artists/folk-traditional-arts-master-artist-fellowships/
- List events on OrlandoAtPlay.com, the local cultural calendar presented by United Arts.
- Orlando Arts Magazine – contact Cindy@UnitedArts.cc for bimonthly magazine deadlines
- Social Media Best Practices for Artists: https://creative-capital.org/2021/04/21/social-media-best-practices-for-artists/
- OrlandoSentinel.com (click on Entertainment, then Theater & Arts), blog posts include audition notices, reviews and other arts news. Email press releases to email@example.com.
- Arts & Culture coverage by Orlando Weekly, orlandoweekly.com/arts
- Follow us at: Facebook.com/UnitedArts & www.Twitter.com/UnitedArts.
- Downtown Arts District manages a social network for Orlando arts, OrlandoSlice.com.
- Find festival information and calls for artists at the following sites: sunshineartist.com, www.artfairsourcebook.com, www.festivalnet.com, www.zapplication.org, www.callforentry.org, www.omart.org/programs/1st-thursdays
- Florida Artists Info Blog: https://macfineart.com/event-directory-2/
- Alliance of Artist Communities, lists of artist residencies at ArtistCommunities.org
- Art & History Museums Maitland, Artists-in-Action, Artist-in-Residence, Workshops, Artists’ Critique & Conversation. ArtAndHistory.org, click on Learn menu.
- Crealdé School of Art, fellowships, scholarships, and a studio artist program, crealde.org/scholarships.html
- Creative Capital, grants and professional development workshops: Creative-Capital.org
- Artsy Shark, business consulting and resources for artists: ArtsyShark.com
- Join discipline-specific national arts service organizations for conferences, classes and newsletters. For a list of recommendations, contact Rafael@UnitedArts.cc.
- Maximizing Year-End Giving with Donor-Centric Strategies – Dr. John Curtis and Brittany Altmann https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P0r4Qfw6V0
- Webinar: Developing an Active Board of Directors with John Curtis, Ph.D. of IOD, Inc. https://youtu.be/j1jEZTD1P64
- Webinar: How to Conduct a Successful Strategic Planning Process with John Curtis, Ph.D. of IOD, Inc. https://youtu.be/jWSEy4tjTeU
- Alternate Roots, including funding opportunities at AlternateRoots.org/fund-your-work/
- Artists League of Orange County (ALOC), alocorlando.com
- The Burry Man Writers Center, calls for play scripts at BurryMan.com/submissions.html.
- Florida Association of Public Art Professionals (FAPAP), calls for public artists, FloridaPublicArt.org
- Florida Sculptors’ Guild, floridasculptorsguild.org
- Hyder Gallery Center for Fine Art, hydergallery.com
- I AM PWD, Inclusion in the Arts & Media of People with Disabilities, iampwd.org
- Leesburg Art Association, LeesburgCenter4Arts.com
- Orlando Artists’ Critique Group (open Facebook group): facebook.com/groups/126833990758780
- Pastel Society of Central Florida, PastelSocietyofCentralFlorida.com
- Public Art Network (PAN) of Americans for the Arts, calls for artists and listserv, ArtsUSA.org/networks/public_art_network
- South Lake Art League, SouthLakeArtLeague.com
- VSA Florida, the state organization on arts and disability, vsafl.org
- Women’s Caucus for Art, FL chapter, wcafl.org
Submit recommendations for this list to Rafael@UnitedArts.cc.