Apply for funding from Orange County Arts & Cultural Affairs:
Submit Reports on Current Grants
|Cultural Tourism (CT) Funding
||Eligible: Cultural nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations, for events in Orange County that enhance the Orlando area’s cultural identity, present quality arts and cultural experiences, and promote tourism.
FY19 Cultural Tourism Awards-Alpha Order
Advisory Council list
• How to Apply – Workshop Overview
• Calculate Your Max. Request Amount
• Application Forms
• Change Request FormFY19 files:
• Change Request Form
• Report-ALL Forms-Pay 2FY18 files:
• ACH Payment Form
• Logos for all Orange County grantees
• Pay 2 Forms workbook
• Change Request Form
For FY17 files, contact Trudy@UnitedArts.cc
The FY20 Cultural Tourism Funding application cycle is closed. Next cycle: May 2020 for funding for events that occur Jan 1-Dec 31, 2021, with marketing and related project expenses after Nov 1, 2020. Workshop attendance required for first-time CT applicants/new leadership/or grantwriters).
• For application eligibility, applicant meetings by appointment only, contact Trudy@UnitedArts.cc
Cultural Facilities (CF) Funding
|Eligible: nonprofits or governments for acquisition, construction, renovation or equipping of cultural facilities in Orange County.
FY19 CF Review Panelists
FY19 CF Final Scores & Ranking
• Program Overview/ Workshop PPT
• Guidelines (PDF)
• A-Certification • B-Budget • C-Match
• D-5-yr Ops Budget • Narrative Template
• Change Request Form • ACH Payment Form
•Logos for all Orange County grantees
• Change Request Form
• Budget/Financial Report Form
FY17 Files or earlier, please contact
Application cycle for FY19 Cultural Facilities Funding is closed. Next application cycle will begin late fall 2019 for Feb 1, 2020 deadline, for projects during July 1, 2020-March 31, 2022.
• For application eligibility, or applicant meetings by appointment only, contact Trudy@UnitedArts.cc
|To encourage marquee-type blockbuster events–result in regional, statewide and national attendance. Eligible: individual or organization.
||Ongoing opportunity — schedule to present a proposal at a Blockbuster Committee meeting (allow couple months’ notice) Contact: Terry Olson, Orange County Arts & Cultural Affairs at 407.836.5540, or Terry.Olson@ocfl.net
|Orlando Chapter of the Awesome Foundation
|The Awesome Foundation is a global community advancing the interest of awesome in the universe, $1000 at a time. Eligible: individual or group.
|| APPLY FOR A GRANT
||Ongoing opportunity — For more information, contact: Mr. Terry Olson, Orange County Arts & Cultural Affairs at 407.836.5540, or Terry.Olson@ocfl.net
Orange County Arts and Cultural Affairs and Advisory Council resources:
Arts Advocacy – State of Florida Funding:
Important Alliance statewide advocacy:
- Governor DeSantis has signed the FY19-20 state budget bill INCLUDING ARTS FUNDING for DCA Matching Grants.
- $21,250,028 in APPROPRIATIONS APPROVED under the Florida Department of State (DOS) Division of Cultural Affairs (DCA) in FY 2019-20 State budget for three of the four DCA matching-grant categories:
– $2,980,028 to fully fund all 132 Culture Builds Florida Matching Grants
-$12,300,000 for Cultural and Museum Matching Grants (provides approximately 29% of each of the 478 recommended grant amounts)
-$5,970,000 for Cultural Facilities Matching Grants (funded first 18 on ranked list fully, and partially funds #19)
This budget allocation will bring Florida from 48th place, back up to 20th in the nation, in state arts funding! NEW! Chart of 6-year state arts funding
Next Steps: Thank you campaign begins. Our legislators are back in their districts. Please take the time to thank them for their support. Let them know what it means to your organization, your community, and overall to the County. Invite them to your events – for either a tour, a performance, or a brief speaking opportunity or a meet&greet with your chair and/or key donors.
Updated 7/18/19 – tdw
Need more info, contact Trudy@UnitedArts.cc or Sherron Long, Florida Cultural Alliance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for funding from Orange County TDT Grants Application Review Committee (ARC):
- TDT ARC Funding — REMINDER: only Capital Grants of $2M+ projects have been considered to date.
– The web site for the ARC programs is: https://netapps.ocfl.net/arctdtgrants/tdtgrants
– The cycle for facilities grant applications closed Nov 14, 2018.
REMINDERS: Orange County Arts & Cultural Affairs++ Meetings for August 2019:
- FY20 Cultural Tourism Review Panel meeting – Thurs., September 19, 2019, 8:00 room opens; meeting 8:30 am – 1p; at Orlando Science Center, Founders Room; free parking in garage; (allow 15 minutes to get to the room)
- Tourist Development Council Advisory Board – Friday, Sept 20, 2019, 9 a.m. OC Admin Center, 201 S. Rosalind Ave., Orlando, FL 32801, in Chambers
- Sustainability Committee – Mon., Sept 23, 2019, 9:00 a.m. at Orange County Administration Center, 201 S. Rosalind Ave., Orlando, FL 32801, in Room 105
October 2019 & looking ahead:
- Orange County Arts and Cultural Affairs Advisory Council – Thurs., Oct 3, 2019, 8:00 a.m. at Orange County Administration Center, 201 S. Rosalind Ave., Orlando, FL 32801, in Room 105 – Final ranking & funding recommendations for CT
- Advocacy Committee – Thurs., Oct 3, 2019, 9:30 a.m. at Orange County Administration Center, 201 S. Rosalind Ave., Orlando, FL 32801, in Room 105
- Art in the Chambers Opening – Fri., Oct 18, 2019 at Orange County Administration Center, 201 S. Rosalind Ave., Orlando, FL 32801 – Sculpture on the Lawn (new sculptures reveal!) & Art in Chambers
- Blockbuster funded event: IMMERSE 2019 from the Creative City Project – Oct 18-19, 2019, downtown Orlando
- Public Art Review Board – Mon., Oct 21, 2019, 4-5p at Orange County Administration Center, 201 S. Rosalind Ave., Orlando, FL 32801, Room 105
- Board of County Commissioners: Terry Olson presentation for Cultural Tourism Funding – final approval – Tues, Oct 22, 2019, 9a (TBD), at Orange County Administration Center, 201 S. Rosalind Ave., Orlando, FL 32801, in Chambers
- Sustainability Committee – Monday, Oct. 28, 2019, 9 a.m., Orange County Administration Center, 201 S. Rosalind Ave., Orlando, FL 32801, in Room 105
- Funding & Standards Committee – October 31, 2019, 8:30-10:30a.m., Room 105, Orange County Administration Center, 201 S. Rosalind Ave., Orlando, FL 32801, in Room 105 – Review of Cultural Tourism Funding guidelines for FY21
- FusionFest – Sat, Nov 30 & Sun, Dec 1 – Seneff Arts Plaza, Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts & Orlando City Hall Commons Plaza; fusionfest.org
- Next Arts & Culture Advocacy Day in Tallahassee – Wed., January 22, 2020 – meet with state legislators to support increased arts funding for DCA’s 2020-21
All meetings are free and open to the public.
Check here for the latest complete calendar for 2019-20 Council, its committees & bios.
For Orange County Arts & Cultural Affairs
Trudy Wild (Cultural Tourism, Cultural Facilities)
Grants & Research Specialist, United Arts of Central Florida
Main 407.628.0333 x223
Orange County Arts & Cultural Affairs
Administrative Office Coordinator, Orange County Arts & Cultural Affairs
Application System Instructional Videos
How to Create an Account
How to Apply
Logos for publicity: Orange County